POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded prism? : Re: Rounded prism? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounded prism?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 29 Jul 2008 10:03:53
Message: <488f2349$1@news.povray.org>
> Also, it is still just a prism, so the y oriented edges will be
> round but the top and bottom faces will still have sharp edges.

I didn't try your point array macros, but from the other sample
image (not the one you linked to), I think it might be able to
generate the object which needs to be differenced away from
the prism to get round edges at top and bottom.

Basically, the idea would be to use the same spline defining
the prism base for sweeping a 2d corner cutting shape.