POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dds and tga in povray : Re: dds and tga in povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dds and tga in povray
From: Blue Herring
Date: 28 Jul 2008 13:31:56
Message: <488e028c$1@news.povray.org>
karmacowboy wrote:
> Yes, I have tried it but the creature is all blue and not the original colours.
>
> It is a bit special because I use a game editor to design a creature then I use
> a program called spview to extract the .mesh ...later on converts it to .obj
> along with the .dds which should be able to render in povray.
>
> There are perhaps a problem with the spview program which is not commersial. So
> I will contact the maker of it!
>
> Thanks for your help. I was just not sure if it was possible to use .dds files
> in povray or I do need tga for it to texture my creature!

DDS files are not supported directly AFAIK.  I'm not familiar with the
format myself, but I did run into a GIMP plugin for DDS files you could
try: http://nifelheim.dyndns.org/~cocidius/dds/  If this DDS format
stores more than just a raster image, it may be why you are having trouble.

--
-The Mildly Infamous Blue Herring