POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Chambers
Date: 27 Jul 2008 17:36:00
Message: <488cea40$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In fact, I can see rational reasons to *allow* police cars on duty to
> park in places where other cars normally can't, as already mentioned in
> this thread: If the police suddenly gets an emergency call, he must be
> able to access his car fast. Thus it may be imperative that his car is
> in a place which is as easy to access as possible. If all the regular
> parking slots nearby are in use, and he would have to park very far away
> to obey the law, that could be critical in a case of emergency.

What is more important: the Police obeying the same law they claim to
uphold, or making an exception for the Police so they can have their
favorite food?

One thing noted in the original article is that there *were* several
other restaurants nearby this Policeman could have eaten at without any
problems parking.  He specifically chose not to.

...Chambers