POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: somebody
Date: 27 Jul 2008 16:05:27
Message: <488cd507$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:488### [at] hotmailcom...
> On 27-Jul-08 19:27, Warp wrote:

> >   I see absolutely no problem in such exemption.

> I did understand what you were saying but I simply disagree and yes, I
> do see the problem. It is the problem of the slippery slope. (yes, I did
> consult wikipedia)

Slippery slope can be abused. Just because the law applies differently to
police doesn't mean it becomes meaningless. Many laws have built in
exceptions, but they still work.

> It's their job to enforce the law for everybody. No exceptions for
> policeman, lawyers, judges, politicians or the mayor's wife or friends.
> Law is law and it applies to everybody.

Laws can be different for different people. Handicapped persons, already
have priviledges with regards to parking, for instance. Why not the police?
While resentment at others' priviledges is a natural human emotion, I cannot
find a good logical argument.