POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : TrueSpace 7.6 is.... free : Re: TrueSpace 7.6 is.... free Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TrueSpace 7.6 is.... free
From: stbenge
Date: 26 Jul 2008 16:09:00
Message: <488b845c@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> Hey thanks Sam. I downloaded it all, but after playing around with it I
> kinda just sat there in front of the screen and thought: "Why?"

Yeah, I know what you mean. After posting this message, I started
reading more about TS. It looked pretty good at first, but then started
seeming... not worth it. Why waste time downloading something I won't use?

>    I have too many graphic programs installed and I use probably 3% of them.

Once again, I can relate. Too many times I have thought to myself how
cool this or that program will be, only to be disappointed later on.

Out of all the myriad 3d programs I have tried, only three remain in
constant use to this day: LightWave, POV-Ray, and Blender. I still have
yet to finish a project with Blender, though I get close sometimes.

> Heh, I even have my original copy of sPatch (from 8 years ago)here and ready
> to go, but I know I'll never use it again. That one's kind of hard to delete
> because I used it quite a lot in my first endeavours of 3D images in
> conjunction with pov 3.1g.

Wow, sPatch. I downloaded that years back too, but it's probably on the
computer I upgraded from 166 to 500mhz back in '00. I think I posted one
image of a wooden head modeled in sPatch a few years back... So that's
makes one finished project with that app. :/

Sam