POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to buy extra maps for a Garmin nüvi_205 : How to buy extra maps for a Garmin nüvi_205 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  How to buy extra maps for a Garmin nüvi_205
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 26 Jul 2008 16:02:45
Message: <488b82e5@news.povray.org>

(street navigators).

As I'm also going to use it when I'm walking in cities,
I would prefer the smaller models, like the 205 or 255.
(I.e. not the wide versions, like the 205W, 255W or 760)

I need the GPS to have a map that covers Europe.
And it seems that the 255 has a Europe map preloaded.

But I cannot find the 255 in any shops here in Bergen,
so I thought that maybe I could get a 205 and then buy
and download a Europe map online.

But I have found no information at Garmin's webpages
that indicates that this is possible. DVDs and SD cards
are mentioned IIRC, but I don't have time to wait for
one to arrive by snail mail.

Does anyone have helpful information or tips for me ?

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com