POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Duh, what's a man to do...? : Re: Duh, what's a man to do...? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 04:42:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Duh, what's a man to do...?
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jul 2008 06:21:19
Message: <4889a91f@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>    So what do I do? Is there a program that will compress PDF files without
> taking too much quality away?
>
>     I've never played with PDF files before, so I'm at a complete loss as to
> what to do. Any ideas?

PDF files can be compressed internally in a number of ways. In
particular, image data can be stored as TIFF, JPEG or PNG (or CCITT fax,
or even completely uncompressed, but you won't want that).

If the files are just scanned from paper, they might well not be
compressed in the best possible way.

However... how to actually alter such details? I have no idea.
Theoretically Ghostscript probably allows you to do something - but good
luck working out how!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/