POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy : Re: People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are crazy
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jul 2008 18:56:53
Message: <488908b5$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:28:47 +0100, St. wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>> Yeah, there - the UK. :-)  We do think it's beautiful there; we've
>> visited a couple times, and most of our really close friends are there.
>> It's a shame we only get to see them when we get over there, they get
>> over here, or "virtually" online.
>
>      Ah, Jim, go for it then. I know you would like it. If you want
>      'busy'
> then move to London (and venture out). Or move to Birmingham or
> Manchester. But if you want beauty, hit Wales, Scotland, or Ireland for
> those benefits. You won't go wrong if that's what you want.

My wife grew up in a small town; we have good friends in Bucks and near
Stratford, but also up near Edinburough as well.  Come to think, also got
some down in Hastings, too.

We have considered Scotland as well; my friends up there own their own
consulting business and it happens to be in technology I'm very well
acquainted with, so if they could afford me, I'm sure I could get in
easily on a work visa.  Problem for me is I don't have a degree, and I
understand in England at least, that's now one of three criteria being
applied by the home office (the others I've heard are age - and we're too
old, and money to invest - and we don't have any).  But a work visa would
be good enough to get started at least. :-)

>> Yeah, from what I understand from people who know the family better,
>> something's seriously messed up.
>
>      "Seriously messed up" is what I understand.  :/

Yeah, I thought I had understood that from what you said.

>>>     True. It's hard to talk sometimes. It's like being in prison - you
>>>     don't
>>> ask your cellmate what he did to be put inside.  <sigh>
>>
>> I won't ask how you know that. ;-)
>
>    Ah well, I've posted it here before, so it doesn't really matter, but
> when I was around 20 years old, I was sent to prison for 30 days for
> non-payment of fine. I was a bike nutter back then and didn't follow the
> laws as I should have, no insurance etc., BUT *nothing* would keep me
> off a bike back then. I'm 45 years old now, and haven't ridden a
> motorbike in 20 years. Yes, I learned my lesson. I would LOVE to ride
> again, but these old bones couldn't handle 180+ on these new Superbikes
> - I think.  ;)

Ah, I see - well, I somehow missed that.  That's not nearly as bad as it
could have been, though I'm sure even 30 days was no cakewalk.

Jim