POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy : Re: People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are crazy
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 24 Jul 2008 17:20:37
Message: <4888f225$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   The difference is that measuring apple pips in kilograms is rather easy,
> even without any tools. Measuring nanograms of botox is extremely difficult,
> even with really sophisticated tools.

Measuring out one nanogram of liquid is very hard.

However, I rather suspect that what they *actually* do is take (say) 1 L
of pure botox and mix with 9 L of pure water, then take 1 L of the
mixture and add it to another 9 L of pure water, then... recurse a few
times and you can create a water/botox mixture of very precise
concentration without having to actually measure anything particularly
accurately.

(Sorry... my dad actually works in a lab where we routinely make up
solutions of, say, 4 ug of aspirin per L of liquid.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/