POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy : Re: People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are crazy
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jul 2008 17:02:13
Message: <4888edd5$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:13:25 +0100, St. wrote:

>> I don't recall if I've said it before here, but we have actually
>> thought about moving.  And with my wife's medical conditions, actually,
>> the high altitude, direct sunlight, and low humidity aggravate those
>> conditions, so we are going to *have* to move sooner or later (and
>> sooner would be better).
>
>     Move here? The UK? Apparently, it's a mini New Zealand (country-side
> wise). Just beautiful.

Yeah, there - the UK. :-)  We do think it's beautiful there; we've
visited a couple times, and most of our really close friends are there.
It's a shame we only get to see them when we get over there, they get
over here, or "virtually" online.

>> Yeah.  The situation was (and still is, for that matter) quite unusual.
>> Apparently the "punishment" that was used was at the recommendation of
>> a therapist.  The way it was administered, though, caused overhydration
>> to an extent that it resulted in death.  I also understand there
>> were/are some psychological factors with the mother as well,
>
>      That last sentence, I can relate to.

Yeah, from what I understand from people who know the family better,
something's seriously messed up.

>     True. It's hard to talk sometimes. It's like being in prison - you
>     don't
> ask your cellmate what he did to be put inside.  <sigh>

I won't ask how you know that. ;-)

Jim