POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy : Re: People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are crazy
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 24 Jul 2008 15:23:12
Message: <4888d6a0@news.povray.org>
>> Have you heard about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)?
>
>> It has some pretty scary health implications...
>
>   Except that botox is a real neurotoxin.

And DHMO really *does* kill far more people every year than botox ever will.

Come to mention it, it only takes a gram or two of aspirin to cause some
pretty damned serious medical problems. Indeed, almost *all* drugs are
leathally toxic when taken in really quite tiny amounts. (Nibble a few
foxglove seeds and watch as you go into cardiac arrest. And they *give*
this stuff to people who have heart problems... go figure!)

Hell, people have been killed by *air* for goodness' sake! o_O

Just about anything can kill you... it's just a question of how likely
this is.

Did I mention the guy my dad knew? Rolled over in his sleep, a rib
snapped, and PUNCTURED HIS LUNG! If his wife hadn't been right next to
him, he'd be dead now. And he was only trying to SLEEP. Sleeping is
dangerous. Swallowing [and hence eating and drinking] is dangerous.
Hell, BEING ALIVE is dangerous... It makes you quite paranoid if you
think about it too much.

Now, if you want something "really" crazy... People drink tea. Tea
tastes the way it does because of tannins in the leaves. These actually
don't do the plant any good; it only grows them TO MAKE THE LEAVES TASTE
BAD so that THINGS WON'T EAT IT. So... we drink tea because it contains
chemicals to make it "taste bad"... how ****ed up is that?!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/