POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ah to be twenty : Re: ah to be twenty Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ah to be twenty
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 24 Jul 2008 13:44:06
Message: <4888bf66$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> m_a_r_c wrote:

>> message de news: 4887f3fc$1@news.povray.org...
>>

>>> , it can be quite good, though the cheese is admittedly pretty
>>> dissimilar to cheddar.
>>

>> I don't think I  get that ... do you mean that cheeses dissimilar to
>> cheddar are unlikely to be good?
>> Then please define "good" ;-)
>>
> I think he meant that the taste of cheddar may not compliment the taste
> of curry well, but a different flavoured cheese might be okay with it.

Apparently I need to give mote thought to my sentence construction.  I
didn't realize this was worded so badly!

At any rate, Jim got what I intended.  The latter part of the sentence,
"though the cheese is admittedly pretty dissimilar to cheddar" was
intended to be interpreted like the following:

"Although I have just said that paneer curry is delicious, I am aware
that paneer and cheddar are very different cheeses, so it is entirely
possible that your son's cheddar curry would not taste very good"