POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : secure way to transfer money? : Re: secure way to transfer money? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: secure way to transfer money?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jul 2008 11:22:13
Message: <48889e25$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:18:18 +0200, scott wrote:

>> Yeah, that could work, but I do think that if something like that
>> happened where the clerk swiped the card and then asked for cash,
>> that'd be a flag in my mind if fraud occurred; unless they delayed
>> before using the card info for several months.
>
> I meant the criminal puts in cash himself, not asking for it from the
> customer.  If he's about to go and get $500 from the cash machine or
> whatever, I'm sure he can afford to put in $50 to make sure the books
> add up ;-)

Of course, if he were to go straight to the cash machine, he'd actually
have to have the card (I don't think I've seen a cash machine anywhere
that didn't require that) and the PIN (which if the cust is doing a debit
could be captured, but it'd be very hard to say "oh, it didn't work"
convincingly, especially to customer after customer after customer
(depends on how busy the store is).

Jim