POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ohgodohgodohgod : Re: Ohgodohgodohgod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ohgodohgodohgod
From: scott
Date: 24 Jul 2008 11:21:36
Message: <48889e00$1@news.povray.org>
>> Of course there is, if a certain amount of code needs to be executed by
>> the CPU to "launch" the program, I want my OS to use 100% CPU until it's
>> done. Whether that takes 0.01ms or 1 second, it should still use 100%
>> CPU until it's done.  What on Earth is the reason not to?
>
> If that program takes 100% of the CPU, then *nothing* else gets any CPU -
> other applications, the OS, etc.  Those things need resources, too.

I meant the CPU being at 100% during the program loading, not that
particular program using 100% all for itself.  Of course I assume the OS can
do important things, but still the CPU should not be below 100% while I am
waiting for a program to load (assuming it's CPU bound).  That would be just
wasted time.