POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: scott
Date: 24 Jul 2008 04:32:31
Message: <48883e1f@news.povray.org>
> My point is still that you can't reover what isn't there any more.

Of course, but there is still plenty of information there in that photo,
even in the blue channel.  Attached is the histogram plot for the colour
channels (R top, B bottom), looks like plenty of mid-level blue still there
to me, in fact all pixels have a fair amount of blue in them.

If I just shift the blues a bit brighter, and the reds a bit darker, I get a
pretty good output, but of course as Sabrina said you can do much more funky
transforms to get near perfect looking results.  If you know how the colours
shift during ageing, you simply tell the software one colour that you know
should be white, and it will fix the rest.  Actually Paint Shop Pro has a
"fade correction" option, and it works very well on this photo.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image4.png' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'image4.png'