POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Caller ID spoofing? : Re: Caller ID spoofing? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Caller ID spoofing?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Jul 2008 15:56:48
Message: <48878d00$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:34:56 -0500, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> And yes, it's easy to spoof, and as someone pointed out, illegal in the
> US (not sure if this is a state rule or a federal rule).

I believe that would be at the federal level, as the agency in charge of
that would be the FCC (a federal agency) and the laws would undoubtably
be covered under intrastate commerce, which is a federal set of laws.

They get some pretty weird stuff in at the federal level under intrastate
commerce rules.

Jim