POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [100K] Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [100K]
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Jul 2008 15:28:46
Message: <4887866e$1@news.povray.org>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C64

"CPU: MOS Technology 6510 @ 1.02 MHz (NTSC) / 0.985 MHz (PAL)"

>   The screen refresh rate in PAL areas is 50 FPS because the frequency
> of the alternate current from the wall socket is 50 Hz. In NTSC areas
> the frequency is 60 Hz, and thus the screen refresh rate is 60 FPS.

I'm guessing the variance is due to the need of the video subsystem to
access the framebuffer at a specific rate, hence the RAM data bus needs
to be an integral multiple of the scanrate or something...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/