POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: More futures Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More futures
From: scott
Date: 23 Jul 2008 05:55:51
Message: <48870027@news.povray.org>
> Amiga Format gave away a coverdisk containing almost all of level 1 of
> Flashback. After spending a week completing it, it was perfectly clear
> that I had to own this game.

Yeh ditto here.

> Unfortunately, attempting to play the ECS version on an AGA machine
> results in the audio and video getting out of sync. (Apparently it's timed
> according to how fast the graphics can be drawn, so on a more powerful
> machine, the graphics draws faster and gets ahead of the music.) Bit of a
> pity. Oh, and it doesn't run on my Amiga with its updated ROM either...

Also ditto here, I had just got one of the new Acorns where they bumped up
the clock to 12 MHz from 8 MHz, but everything else was the same.  I wonder
why timing was so hard back then - I mean surely they could have had
something a little more sophisticated to make sure that things remained
synced.

> I don't suppose you even have the game any more, but where did you get
> stuck?

On the last level, I don't remember how far I got through it, but I vaguely
remember several doors that were blocking my progress and I just couldn't
find anything to give me any clues what to do next.  I spent *days* going
back to it and literally covering every part of the walls and floors I had
access to, still nothing so I gave up.  IIRC somebody here (maybe you) told
me what I was missing a while back...