POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering : Re: GPU rendering Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU rendering
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Jul 2008 05:00:52
Message: <4886f344$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Basically there's a couple of graphics demos I've seen out there that
> require a GeForce 8 or higher. How much do you want to bet that's really
> because they want DirectX 10?

Rather, they want certain functionality in the cards that's only
provided in the GF8 series and above, and that functionality is only
exposed by DX10.  So it's not that they want DX10, it's that they want
the card, and to use it to its fullest you need DX10 (or GL, but that's
another matter).

...Chambers