POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PNG to Avi on a Mac? : Re: PNG to Avi on a Mac? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG to Avi on a Mac?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 22 Jul 2008 17:37:30
Message: <4886531a$1@news.povray.org>
H. Karsten wrote:
> You can use the QuiktimePlayer to import PNG-sequences and export it into AVI.
>
> If You have a Intel-based MAC I recommend to use VirtualDub under Windows
> instead of Quiktime. I was converting about 10000 PNG-files (HD) to AVI.
> VirtualDub needs 8-12 seconds to import the sequence from the Linux-Server.
> Quiktime uses over one hour and 50 minutes! just to import the images!
>
> Also you have much more codecs available under Windows; just look for codecpacs.

Thanks for suggesting VirtualDub, I was racking my brain which freeware
application there'd be for a Mac... TMPGEnc is the one I used on
Windows, but that one isn't for a Mac. As for Codecs, I don't dabble
that much in that regard, DivX or MPEG4 are widespread and for my
purposes the best choice, unless I simply use old-school MPEG1. ;-)

Regards,
Tim