POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Jul 2008 11:33:55
Message: <4885fde3@news.povray.org>
>> Ah, OK. Spending 20 minutes waiting for Access to load each time I
>> wanted to work on my assignment at college must be a false memory then...
>
>   Microsoft Access for the AmigaOS was hugely popular, I suppose.

Nope. But other database products were.

The real point is more that on a PC, just switching from one window to
another always seemed to take forever, whereas on an Amiga it was
instantaneous unless the machine was under heavy load.

>   "Hey, Blender for linux takes hours to create an image, while MS Paint
> is blazingly fast. Clearly Windows is much faster than Linux."

OK, forget it. This conversation is over.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/