POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: Warp
Date: 22 Jul 2008 11:29:59
Message: <4885fcf7@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Ah, OK. Spending 20 minutes waiting for Access to load each time I
> wanted to work on my assignment at college must be a false memory then...

  Microsoft Access for the AmigaOS was hugely popular, I suppose.

  "Hey, Blender for linux takes hours to create an image, while MS Paint
is blazingly fast. Clearly Windows is much faster than Linux."

> >   Why would you even want to use gnome in a slow computer? Use a lighter
> > window manager.

> Because Gnome does the same thing that AmigaOS does, and lighter WMs don't.

  Now you are an expert on window managers, I see.

  Exactly what is it that Gnome does that no other window manager does?

--
                                                          - Warp