POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Jul 2008 10:09:07
Message: <4885ea03$1@news.povray.org>

4885e130$1@news.povray.org...

> On the other hand, Virtual Dub has no manual yet I find it quite easy to
> work, and yet I couldn't get WMM to do anything except glue video clips
> together. (Maybe that's all it does? Oh, and the transitions that you
> can't control or adjust in any way.) Maybe I'm just trying to make WMM do
> things it's not designed for?

On the version I got with Vista controlling the transitions is just done by
pulling them with the mouse and zooming in the timeline for more precise
control. I'll grant that it's never very precise, but then it's a
no-brainer, made for people who don't read manuals and don't like to type
numbers in little boxes with funny names.

Perhaps you just don't get purely visual interfaces? GUIs tend to have their
own paradigms and figuring them out can take time. Sometimes we put the
blame on the interface (and rightly so, but I won't tell names...) but it
may be that people differ in the way they can grasp certain visual paradigms
and not others (no excuse for Word styles though).

G.