POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Jul 2008 08:49:11
Message: <4885d747$1@news.povray.org>
>> I own Photoshop Elements now. It's not very impressive.
>>

> PS Elememts is ... meh .. It lacks some key features, such as Masking.
> Hell... lacking that alone is grounds for death IMO. You're better of
> with GIMP. ;)

I got it free with my shiny new Wacom tablet. ;-)

>> I have no idea how that's even theoretically possible.
>
> Depends. Small tears and missing chunks are really easy using clone and
> heal tools. Larger tears and missing chunks require a more "creative"
> approach. See the attached images.

OK, that's just absurd. The sofa and the rug are *exactly* the same
colour. How the hell can the machine tell them apart? Additionally, how
on earth can it tell what colour they were originally? That's impossible...

>>> Heck. You can do this for free, too ;)
>>
>> Not really. You still have to buy the PC. :-P
>>

> Well, assuming you already have the PC... If you don't you can still
> accomplish your goal for under $1000.

Well, yeah. I mean, if you just want to render some 3D scenes with
POV-Ray and stick them on a DVD, you don't even need that much. You can
probably buy a PC with a DVD burner and some movie authorising software

anything with such a slow CPU, but if you wait long enough it'll do it.

> I've seen someone actually make a pretty impressive short film using
> Windows Movie Maker and a $50 pocket camera.

That makes no sense. I can't get Windows Movie Maker to do *anything*
useful...

(But then, I can't get 3D Studio Max to do anything beyond rendering
polygon meshes either, and yet it's ment to be "the most powerful
modeller in the world"...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/