POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: John VanSickle
Date: 22 Jul 2008 07:55:06
Message: <4885ca9a@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Unfortunately, then the Amiga's hardware stood still for 20 years. While
> it was once a shining example of hardware far ahead of its time, it has
> long since been left in the dust. I don't really understand how it
> happened, but Commodore ended up in all sorts of financial trouble.
> Commodore was good it making great hardware, but hopeless at marketing it.

The management at Commodore should take all of the blame for the fall of
Commodore.  Developing killer new technology should have been top
priority.  Hindsight being 20-20, they should have designed the OS with
the highest possible degree of resource management (IE, not assume that
all graphics would be 8-bit forever), and then opened up the hardware
architecture and allowed clones.

As it was, some of the later CEOs did nothing more than collect their
salaries.

Regards,
John