POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Colorspaces. : Colorspaces. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Colorspaces.
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 21 Jul 2008 13:18:37
Message: <4884c4ed$1@news.povray.org>
Remember me mentioning the color matrix feature of GDI+

Experimenting and playing with the feature has given me some really good
insight.

http://www.pfk.ff.vu.lt/cie/1931CIE_explanation.htm

Talks about conversion to the CIE XYZ colorspace. The numbers in the
matrix were strange and mysterious to me. (Not only that, but uhg to do
the conversion I have to use matrix arithmetic. I used to hate doing
matrix multiplication simply because I'd get confused. I know, I know.)
anyway ... onward.

Those mystery numbers are actually the values that determine the make up
of the resulting channels so, in the example of XYZ -> RGB R is actually
made up of 0.412453 X, 0.357580 Y, 0.180423 Z ... its actually really
simple!

You can also do weird things with color matricies such as rotate the
colors along an axis, etc ... much as you can do with points. You can
also, of course use these matricies to convert a color from one RGB
profile to another (i.e. from sGRB to AdobeRGB) I'm considering taking a
close look at rotation to see what I can do, I'm thinking along the
right axis you can do hue and saturation shifts. :D