POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blue's code : Re: blue's code Server Time
7 May 2024 08:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blue's code
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Jul 2008 09:01:55
Message: <488488c3@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
>I wonder if another program, not POV, was used here:
> http://www.imagico.de/pov/meta/block_neg.jpg
>

> Lighting this scene for shadows inside this media filled sphere presents a
> number of problems.

yes I've seen this as well .... I wanted to throw some light (is there a pun
there?) onto the target so I added another light source (media_interaction
off) then included it in a light_group with the target as the lone member of
that light_group (global_lights off). the target just has pigment no finish
block (reflection is 0 unless otherwise specified right?) yet it looks like
light is indeed making it off the target enough to fire up the media. the
light_group light source is parallel and has point_at set to the center of
the target. pardon the spotty nature of the media, I have samples reduced by
a factor of ten while testing, otherwise it takes about an hour for each
test.

a difficult lighting challenge indeed.

Jim

Post a reply to this message