POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who runs an old PC? : Re: Who runs an old PC? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who runs an old PC?
From: scott
Date: 21 Jul 2008 06:27:01
Message: <48846475$1@news.povray.org>
> Actually, I think 2-3 is the absolute minimum for home environment. One
> firewall, one server (which includes all the RAIDed disk space and makes
> awful noise) being at cellar or closet oslt and one workstation (which is
> ment to be nice and *quiet*).

I guess you can count the free modem I got from my ISP as a "computer" :-)
That's my firewall.

Apart from that I only have 2 "real" PCs.  But then I have 2 work laptops
and a PS3 (which streams video and audio from the other PCs to the TV).

> One also need a spare car to use, when the main car brokes down oslt. Or a
> service contract.

Or have a reliable car, or live somewhere with good public transport.