POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Chambers
Date: 19 Jul 2008 12:40:06
Message: <488218e6@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
<snip about graphics>

And that's not even the game, just the stuff needed to show it on screen!

SimCity 4 came out what, 7 years ago?  It's still one of the most CPU
demanding games I have (once you get a large city, that is :) ).

The Sims is also notoriously slow on high end computers.  When you get a
house with decent decorations, that game can slow to a crawl (of course,
we've got more than 8 GB of downloaded stuff for it).

The point is, there are *lots* of things you need CPU and RAM for other
than graphics.

...Chambers