POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I have an itch to tinker. : I have an itch to tinker. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  I have an itch to tinker.
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 Jul 2008 14:42:57
Message: <4880e431@news.povray.org>
OK, so, my wife bought son a tiny etch-a-sketch. I, of course, being me
picked it up and began playing with it. Also, being me, couldn't get the
constantly running thought out of my head: Vector Graphics and servos.

Now, here's the question. Is there available a hobbyist servo drive
system? Communication via TCP/IP a plus, but not necessarily a must I
still have serial ports, and USB is no problem provided it has good
Windows drivers and a usable API. Would be great fun to transfer vector
graphics from some vector format to an Etch-a-Sketch screen. ;) Just
need a way to couple the motors to the knobs, and mount the thing. Bonus
if the assembly is light and stable enough to just flip and shake w/o
having to remove the toy.