POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apply yourself : Re: Apply yourself Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apply yourself
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Jul 2008 12:18:24
Message: <4880c250$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> The first 10 amendments to the constitution actually went further, and
> forbid certain kinds of laws from being created.

Technically, the constitution already says the government isn't allowed
to make certain kinds of laws, and the first ten amendments reiterated
some of them.  Some of the arguments against passing them in the first
place (way back in the first years of the country's existence) were
exactly for that reason: If we say the government specifically can't do
ABC when we've already said they can't do anything we don't explicitly
allow, then people will forget that latter part and let them do XYZ.

It was a good first try, but it's still a republic, and falls apart when
nobody elected can be trusted.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: