POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apply yourself : Re: Apply yourself Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apply yourself
From: andrel
Date: 18 Jul 2008 13:03:45
Message: <4880CD2B.2010702@hotmail.com>
On 18-Jul-08 18:11, Gail Shaw wrote:
> "andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:487### [at] hotmailcom...
>
>> If such a policy is in place, it becomes relatively less easy for a
>> white guy to find a job. So when it is in place for some time...
>>
>> Probably does not work that way.
>
> It does. Highly skilled people of european descent have a very hard time
> finding work here. It's not just males.
> White females are not previously disadvantaged.

I think I was not clear enough :(
ATM you and any guy with similar color has a disadvantage in finding a
job, hence soon you will be previously disadvantaged. And my guess was
that that would be logically correct, but highly unlikely to be
acknowledged.

BTW Gail, a couple of weeks ago I met three students from Witwatersrand
at a biomedical engineering conference. All non blacks, but that could
be a coincidence. I am also involved somewhat with a summerschool in the
hospital, of the 30 or attendants 10 or so come from SA, from the Cape
Town area this time. Also at the conference, a friend of mine
(Portuguese but born in Maputo) and me decided that it would be a good
idea if the big triannual conference would go to africa. So we asked
some friends in Cape Town if they would consider putting in a bid to
organize it. If that works out I will be going to SA in ... 2015! Anyway
there seems to be a disproportional lot of SA in my live recently.