POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy : Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Jul 2008 08:20:41
Message: <48808a99@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George wrote:
> Do you not agree that, in order to attract contributors, you need to make
> them feel welcome?

Please note that Thorsten speaks for himself when posting here (unless he
explicitly says otherwise). As do I, for that matter. I apologise if you
and others do not feel welcome; I unfortunately don't have time to monitor
the forums closely. Thorsten's approach and style are often combative but
as I say, he's not speaking for the project officially.

So, this post is on behalf of the project: developers are welcome to
contribute. We can't always take contributions (the megapov days taught us
that) but anyone wanting to improve the program in a meaningful way is
welcome here. Having forked versions in which new ideas can be tried out is
a good way to handle these patches and I'm happy to formally support this
(by providing server resources, forums, revision control, whatever else) if
folks are interested.

-- Chris Cason
   Team co-ordinator