POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apply yourself : Re: Apply yourself Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apply yourself
From: scott
Date: 18 Jul 2008 02:59:49
Message: <48803f65$1@news.povray.org>
> Usually only two types of people
> get hired:

Get *interviewed*, not hired ;-)

Any company with half an ounce of skill in interviewed will weed out the
people who just made up stuff.

We had exactly that experience recently.  Some guy said he had lots of
experience with ASIC design for graphics controllers, and working with
different customers in Europe.  Once we started pushing him on the technical
details it turned out he really had just been "overseeing" the design and
not actually done anything himself.  In fact, he could have just been making
it all up.  In the end we finally asked him this question:

"When was the last time you used an oscilloscope?"
"Never"
"OK, thanks for coming along today, we'll let you know"

I don't know why people even bother.