POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apply yourself : Re: Apply yourself Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apply yourself
From: Warp
Date: 17 Jul 2008 16:15:22
Message: <487fa85a@news.povray.org>
> Ooo, that would probably *incrase* your changes of being hired - they
> have to hire a certain percentage of "minority groups" to prove that
> they are in fact an "equal opportunities employer". (I'm not making this
> up. Several questions are explicitly marked as being for this purpose.)

  That's one of the curious symptoms of the modern western hypercorrectism:
You have to discriminate in order to be an "equal opportunity" firm. Quite
ironically, "equal opportunity" is the politically correct term for "we
choose some of our employees based on ethnicity and other irrelevant
details" (which, at the same time, is the definition of racism).

--
                                                          - Warp