POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Laser Light Source with Photons... : Re: Laser Light Source with Photons... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laser Light Source with Photons...
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 17 Jul 2008 15:13:43
Message: <487f99e7@news.povray.org>
I've been following this post and constructed my own test scene ..... now I
have a few questions.

In the initial scene, after the light leaves the looks_like object it goes
through an optical device then hits an object. I instead wanted to see if I
could get the light beam to bend or deflect with a mirror object. I moved
the beam destination target object 90 from where it was orginally and placed
a mirror object, built centered around <0,0,0> then rotate y*45 and
translated to intercept the light beam and deflect in on to the relocated
destination object. No Joy! I don't even see the point of light on the dest
object. Can POV do this? Or have I messed up the geometry of my test scene.
I've made mirrors before so I just used tried and true settings for the
mirror texture. I can even see the checked floor in the mirror object. I'm
out of ideas so any additional insight would be great.

Jim