POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2008 13:39:03
Message: <487f83b7$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> I don't think I've ever had Word crash on me.

You're lucky. In year 1 at uni, Word "ate" my assignment 3 hours before
the handin deadline. (As in, the file would open, but it became
impossible to save any modifications. Word *insisted* the disk was full,
when in fact it wasn't.) From that point on, I wrote every single
assignment in HTML instead. That's how ****ed off I was about it!

Even today, Word still sometimes does strange things to me - usually to
do with formatting not working right, or spurios text duplication. I
don't use Word very much, so I never see it actually *crash*. The report
writers do though. Not quite as much as in Word 97, but it still happens
now and then.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/