POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2008 13:35:16
Message: <487f82d4$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> And did anyone look up the KB or the MS groups to see whether there were
> some issues with those particular features? I've been using Office heavily
> for a long time now, and one good thing is that it's so massively used that
> the tiniest issues are documented (*). At worse, they're a terse message in
> the KB saying "we know there's a problem there but don't have a solution
> yet" but major stuff like crashes tend to be documented and fixed.

As you probably know, it's frustratingly difficult to track down
*exactly* what causes intermittent bugs such as "Word sometimes crashes
if I use this template file".

> As I
> said, Word from the 2000 version onward is stable now, if it doesn't work
> properly there's something fishy on your end. And yes, at least make sure
> that you have the latest service packs.

Well AFAIK all the Office 2003 machines are at a minimum of SR2 right
now. I could see if SR3 makes any difference, but with intermittent
problems you can never truly know if it's "fixed" or not...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/