POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2008 13:32:33
Message: <487f8231$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
>> "numbered lists never work correctly".
>
> They don't? Please explain more.

If you write a brand new document, and happen to insert a numbered list
into it somewhere, it usually works fine. As soon as you try to do
anything more complex, bizare behaviour results. Lists magically change
themselves from bullet to numbered, or continue from lists elsewhere in
the document, and when you try to reset them to start from zero, they
either don't reset, or they reset but yet other parts of the document go
wrong. And occasionally, the whole formatting of a section can go wrong.
I've even seen bits of deleted text reappear overprinted on top of body
text...

> btw, if you have a bug to report or a suggestion on an MS product, you can
> log it at http://connect.microsoft.com
> Anything posted there goes directly to the relevant product development
> team.

The Word MVP website has an entire *section* dedicated to this
particular issue:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/WordsNumberingExplained.htm

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/