POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who runs an old PC? : Re: Who runs an old PC? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who runs an old PC?
From: pan
Date: 17 Jul 2008 13:20:21
Message: <487f7f55$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:11:19 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Define "Main".
>>
>> LOL! The idea of multiple functional PCs in a single home is
>> about as
>> crazy as owning more than one car...
>
> Less so for a family, or someone who works in "the biz". :-)
>
> I've got probably 10 functional PCs in the house (at least) - 6
> of them
> are at my desk at the moment.  One for my wife, one for my kid -
> make it
> more like 12-14 functional PCs in the house.  The rest are in the
> basement not being used ATM.
>
> But only one car. :-)
>
> Jim

Sheesh!
I keep about 18 computers running in my home lab.
I guess it depends on what you do with machines.
I do a lot of network design/testing/breaking and
I like swapping hardware around looking for optimums
in the strangest places.

Yeah - only one car too.
Traded in a Jeep (15 mpg) for a Mazda (31 pg).
Need anything more be said about that?