POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Jul 2008 12:17:05
Message: <487f7081@news.povray.org>

487f687f$1@news.povray.org...
> (Presumably these templates are just corrupted internally.) Other than
> that, the users generally avoid certain features because they either don't
> work properly or make Word unstable. By this method of feature avoidance,
> we manage to keep crashes to a reasonably small number.

And did anyone look up the KB or the MS groups to see whether there were
some issues with those particular features? I've been using Office heavily
for a long time now, and one good thing is that it's so massively used that
the tiniest issues are documented (*). At worse, they're a terse message in
the KB saying "we know there's a problem there but don't have a solution
yet" but major stuff like crashes tend to be documented and fixed. As I
said, Word from the 2000 version onward is stable now, if it doesn't work
properly there's something fishy on your end. And yes, at least make sure
that you have the latest service packs.

G.

(*) see the latest "important" Vista update. I resisted a couple of days
before installing a 56 Mb file + reboot, looked up the WU number in the KB
and found this gem:  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/11/vista_update/