POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Jul 2008 11:35:39
Message: <487f66cb$1@news.povray.org>

487f5efe$1@news.povray.org...
> Well we churn out seemingly identical documents every month. Word crashes
> quite a lot, but the poor souls using it just start again. And again. And
> again. Until eventually they get to the finished product.

Well, that's just abnormal. Word versions post Word 97 are stable. They may
crash once in a blue moon, but certainly not on a regular basis unless
there's a very specific reason, which should be described in the KB and a
few thousands dedicated forums. If the problem is so widespread, it should
have been solved by your IT people by now. The last time I've seen stuff
like this, it turned out that the IT department hadn't bothered to patch
Office so the users were suffering from bugs fixed by MS years ago.

G.