POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: scott
Date: 17 Jul 2008 11:09:32
Message: <487f60ac$1@news.povray.org>
> Presumably Word crashes like hell for everybody else too,

No.

> (Last time I tried it, my copy of Word ended up permanently broken until I
> erased my normal template and deleted a chunk of my per-user registry.)

Never heard of that before.  Put your pointer inside a heading, then click
the arrow next to that little box that says "Normal" at the top, and choose
"Heading 1".  Do that for all the titles.  Then, to change that style, go to
Format->Styles, click the little menu arrow next to the one you want to
change and "Modify...".  ANd then, once you've made your changes, it applies
them to everything in the document with that style!!!!  Clever eh?

> I can see that happening - I mean, if styles could be made to be reliable
> and stuff...

You really mean the above explanation doesn't work on any of your computers?
It's not complicated!

> Well no, they start with a blank report document that contains all the
> section headings and standard text, already formatted.

So it's not blank then ;-)  Sounds to me like maybe that document is corrupt
somehow, so every single "new" document they make still is based on this
corrupt file.  Try, just once, opening the file with "Open and repair" and
then save it again.  Then get them to use this one in future.