POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2008 04:12:10
Message: <487efeda$1@news.povray.org>
>>> You don't play many video games, then.
>>
>> Yeah - and? ;-)
>
> Nothing :)  As long as you realize that the limits of your experiences
> are not the same as the limits of others'.

I did say that *I* had never heard of it. ;-)

> In other words, *all* the features that are in Word are there because
> there are a significant number of people who use them.

Really?

And M$ somehow "knows" what features people do and don't use?

I would imagine most of the features are there because it makes the
feature list look longer - and that makes it "better", doesn't it?

>> But what if you only actually want to run Word?
>
> Then you should run Linux on an EeePC, or an embedded system.  You could
> even buy a 15 or 20 year old Word Processor - basically a laptop that
> only runs Notepad :)

...or just not bother with Vista?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/