POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Chambers
Date: 17 Jul 2008 03:44:18
Message: <487ef852$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> I've only ever seen a PS3 in action once. I was using it to play a
>>> game called "Call of Duty 4". Never heard of the game,
>>
>> You don't play many video games, then.
>
> Yeah - and? ;-)

Nothing :)  As long as you realize that the limits of your experiences
are not the same as the limits of others'.

> few other bits that nobody uses.

You know that saying, "80% of the users use 20% of the features"?  It
turns out that you can't just put out a product with 20% of the
features, because everybody uses a *different* 20%.

In other words, *all* the features that are in Word are there because
there are a significant number of people who use them.  Very few people
use *all* of them, but all of the features get used a lot.

> But what if you only actually want to run Word?

Then you should run Linux on an EeePC, or an embedded system.  You could
even buy a 15 or 20 year old Word Processor - basically a laptop that
only runs Notepad :)

...Chambers