POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2008 03:12:54
Message: <487ef0f6$1@news.povray.org>
>> I've only ever seen a PS3 in action once. I was using it to play a
>> game called "Call of Duty 4". Never heard of the game,
>
> You don't play many video games, then.

Yeah - and? ;-)

>> On the other hand, Word just makes text appear on a screen, and lets
>> you edit it. (And change fonts and styles.) That was possible 20 years
>> ago.
>
> No, you're describing WordPad.  Word does significantly more.

Yes - you can insert pictures and there are different text alignments
and you can fiddle with the margins and insert headers and footers and a
few other bits that nobody uses. But basically, it's WordPad with bells on.

>> So why does it suddenly require so much hardware to achieve the same
>> thing as before? It's not like Word has any significant new features
>> or anything...
>
> Because your computer is doing a *lot* more than just running Word.

But what if you only actually want to run Word?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/