POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who runs an old PC? : Re: Who runs an old PC? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who runs an old PC?
From: scott
Date: 17 Jul 2008 02:43:37
Message: <487eea19@news.povray.org>
> Who runs an old PC at home as their main PC.

My girlfriend.

> What are the specs and what changes have you made to keep it usable?

Athlon XP2400+, with several hand-me-down parts from my PC when I upgrade.
At the moment I think she has a 19" LCD, nVidia FX5900, a gig of RAM and an
80GB HD in there.  It started life as my main PC while at university, IIRC
then it only had 256MB RAM, a tiny 15" CRT and a 12GB hard drive or
something.