POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : cpu / motherboard recommendations : Re: cpu / motherboard recommendations Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cpu / motherboard recommendations
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Jul 2008 12:01:32
Message: <487e1b5c$1@news.povray.org>
I used to build my own systems, but recently there have been some good
deals on pre-built systems.  I picked up an HP s7727c for US$350 about 6
months ago and maxed the memory out for another 50 bucks (2GB total,
IIRC).  Works well with openSUSE 10.3 (wireless is the only thing that
doesn't work, but that doesn't bother me - for desktop machines, I prefer
wired connections).  Came with Vista Home Pro (barf - hate it).

Athlon dual-core 64-bit processor in it.

Overall, a nice system.

Jim