POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : cpu / motherboard recommendations : cpu / motherboard recommendations Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  cpu / motherboard recommendations
From: Tom Austin
Date: 16 Jul 2008 11:13:48
Message: <487e102c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm finally in the market to replace my home PC as my current PC can't
be upgraded much further - specs in another thread for those who care.

I don't keep up with processors & motherboards that much so I need some
input and advice.

I am looking to build a system from the ground up.

Does anyone have some good pointers a CPU/motherboard combination.

Assume virtualization, Linux, XP, Vista
room to expand - HD, memory, swap CPU with future better one
	I want this to last a while.
gaming and over clocking is not a priority
a motherboard with quality components that won't burn out.

I'm not worried about building my own PC, I just have not kept up with
the changes in motherboards and CPUs for the past 5 years.

I appreciate any info that any of you have that can help me move along.

Thanks

Tom