POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: scott
Date: 16 Jul 2008 08:31:11
Message: <487dea0f$1@news.povray.org>
> I just find it ironic that running Word requires massively more RAM than
> running a bleeding-edge computer game, that's all.

What you mean is, you don't understand why Vista needs more RAM than a
modern games console has to work properly.  Did you ever think that a modern
desktop OS does vastly more than a games console does?  Or that a modern OS
is designed to take advantage of hardware upgrades?  (Vista is using 2.4GB
on this machine now with nothing much running, but I know that my CAD
software will open in a fraction of the time it did on XP - of course I want
MS to put in features like this).

Actually, I was surprised when I found this:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=247